Welcome to Botswana Ash
Africa’s Supplier of Choice for Natural Sodium Products
Botswana Ash (Pty) Ltd (Botash) is owned by the Government of Botswana and Chlor Alkali Holdings (CAH) Group, a South African company, at 50% shareholding each. Botash began operating in 1991 and located in Sua Pan in the north eastern part of Botswana, approximately 180 kilometres from Francistown.
Botash is the largest producer of natural sodium products in the region, producing soda ash and salt. Botash's nameplate production capacity for soda ash is 300 000 tonnes per annum and for salt is about 650 000 tonnes per annum which includes chemical salt, coarse salt and fine salt. However, production of salt stands at 420 000 per annum and is limited by the market rather than production constraints.
In the past, all activities of the mine were undertaken at Sua Pan – from production through to marketing, sales and administration. Today Botash has increased its footprints across the region with fully operating offices in South Africa and Zambia, dealing mostly with sales and marketing of Botswana Ash products.
From our natural sodium deposits, we;
- strive for growth in stakeholder value;
- delight our customers with superior quality products & service;
- are a cost effective producer;
- are a highly competent and motivated workforce;
- strive for organisational excellence, while taking cognisance of safety, the environment and the community in which we operate.